City Council Meetings for the Month of January are January 7th and January 21st at 5:00 p.m.
Municipal Court will be held on Tuesday January 8, 2012 beginning at 5:oo p.m.
The City of McIntyre is currently requesting bids for curbside garbage pick up for approximately 290 locations. The contract will be for two years, beginning on January 1, 2013 and ending on December 31, 2014.
Specifications are as follows:
1. Garbage pick up shall be on Monday of each week.
2. 90-gallon roll out containers shall be issued to existing customers and an inventory of 5 containers shall be supplied to the Street Department for new customers. Containers will be locked at a location provided by the City of McIntyre.
3. The contractor shall pay all landfill fees.
4. The contractor shall bill at one-month intervals.
5. The contractor shall maintain workers compensation and comprehensive general liability insurance with limits not less than $1,000,000. Copies of insurance must be submitted with bid.
Questions can be addressed to Pamela Roberts, Clerk at 478-946-2037. Deadline for bids will be December 14th, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.
Two of our McIntyre employees have experienced loss during this holiday season. Shawn Ring of the McIntyre Police department and Antion Todd of the McIntyre Street department both loss their homes due to fires.
Funds have been set up for both Antion Todd and Shawn Ring at the Wilkinson County Bank. Contributions for the Todd family may be made to the Antion Todd Fund and contributions for the Ring family may be made to Shawn Ring for Mason Ring. All donations will be appreciated.